Session Dates: September 1, 2019 - October 12, 2019
- At this time, the CDC does not list specific educational or credential requirements, in order to participate in a Lifestyle Coach training.
- AADE does require that participants are familiar with the CDC's National Diabetes Prevention Program.
- The AADE DPP Lifestyle Coach Training program prepares individuals to use the CDC's Prevent T2 curriculum within a CDC-recognized Diabetes Prevention Program (DPP). The course is not intended for individuals interested in becoming a general health coach.
Course Structure: The course is a 6-week online course that includes online self-study modules and 5 conference calls. The program is facilitated by an AADE Master Lifestyle Coach trainer. Coursework includes:
- Prevention 101: The Basics of Diabetes and Prediabetes course: 5 modules & post-test
- AADE Online Lifestyle Coach Training course: 8 modules & post test
- Participation in 5 conference call discussions and activities
Conference Call Schedule: Wednesdays, 12:00 PM - 1:30 PM Central Time (90 minutes)
- September 11 2019
- September 18, 2019
- September 25 2019
- October 2, 2019
- October 9, 2019
Continuing Education Credit: 12 CEs for nurses, dietitians, and pharmacists
Faculty: Bridget Jennings RN, BAS, CDE, Health Promotion and Wellness Nurse
Ms. Jennings has worked in diabetes care for over 20 years, including 15 years as a Health Promotion and Wellness Nurse developing and implementing onsite group and individual diabetes programs. Ms. Jennings has been a National Diabetes Prevention Program facilitator since 2015 and serves as a Master Trainer for the program.
Ms. Jennings has volunteered on the American Association of Diabetes Educators (AADE) Advocacy Committee as Chair 2016-2017 and currently remain on the committee for 2018. In 2016, she was appointed by the Governor to a three-year term to the Florida Diabetes Advisory Council. She serves on the Florida AADE Advocacy Committee working to improve access to quality diabetes education and issues to improve the lives of people with and at risk for diabetes in Florida. In 2015 Ms. Jennings received the AADE Advocacy Award. She has served as chair of the local Jacksonville Association of Diabetes Educators as well as Chair of Florida AADE and was named Jacksonville’s Diabetes Educator of the Year in 2006.
Having lived with type 2 diabetes for more than 25 years, Ms. Jennings work passionately and tirelessly helping people at risk for diabetes prevent or delay the onset of this complex disease, saying frequently “If I only knew then what I know now!”
Cancellation Policy: The American Association of Diabetes Educators reserves the right to cancel the program. Registrants will be notified if the program is canceled and will receive a full refund of their registration fee. registrants will be and assumes no responsibility for personal expenses.
Refund: AADE provides full refunds (less $200 administrative fee) for registrations canceled no later than 10 business days prior to the first day of the course. If a cancellation is made within 0-10 days prior to the first day of the course, a refund will not be provided. All refunds are processed within 30 days of receipt.
Registration Fees: AADE Members: $749.00 / Non Members: $849.00
- For Registrant Type: select Regular
- For Event Fees: Check ADE DPP Lifestyle Coach Training Online