Online self-study certificate program focused on building the skills required to implement and maintain a successful DSMES program. Earn CE while developing the skills needed to implement and maintain a successful DSMES program.
This online, self-paced certificate program addresses the skills in Domain 5: Program and Business Management in the Competencies for Diabetes Educator & Diabetes Paraprofessionals.
Prerequisites: There are no prerequisites for this program.
Schedule: Enrollees have 3 months from the date of program registration to complete all coursework, the program post-test, and program evaluation.
Continuing Education: The program provides 15.5 continuing education credits for nurses, dietitians, and pharmacists.
Certificate: A certificate of program completion and a digital badge is provided upon successful completion of all program activities.
- DSMES Program Management, 2nd Edition
- DSMT Reimbursement Essentials, 3rd Edition
- CQI for DSME Programs, 2nd Edition
- Annual Reimbursement Update for 2020
- Best Practices for Increasing Referrals: Results of a DEAP Survey
- Building Relationships Will Keep Them Coming Back: It's All About Retention
- Implementation of Medicare
- Annual Wellness Visits by Diabetes Specialists in Evolving Healthcare Delivery
- Models Leveraging Digital Health to Expand Diabetes Health Services for Value-Based Care
- National Standards for DSMES
Registration Fee: $329.00 ADCES Member / $429.00 Nonmember